Thursday, June 7, 2012

Living

One year ago today when I woke, I knew it would be a difficult day.  I knew that this was the day that I laid my Daddy to rest at the cemetery.  There would be a big lunch with lots of family and friends, followed by the visitation, the funeral and finally the cemetery.  I knew that today would change my life forever.  It did.  My Daddy's funeral was not sad.  It was the culmination of a man who lived his life to the fullest.  It was the celebration of all of his many accomplishments.  It was the recognition of his love for God, his family and friends. 

The church was overflowing.  The service was not only a celebration of my Daddy's life but also of the life he built with my Mother.  She has got to be the strongest most amazing woman I have ever known.  She is still sad sometimes and daily misses my Daddy but she and Daddy have always had the attitude that life is for the living. It's that attitude that she has instilled in me.  We choose to continue to live life, not sit around in sackcloth and morn, nor have a daily pity party.  I choose to be happy.  I have also chosen to surround myself with positive people.  Life is meant to be lived.  Let's start living!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!