Saturday, June 9, 2012

Chance Meetings

Last Saturday I traveled from Austin after a conference. Feeling a little tired, I pulled into the town of Italy where I lived some 25 years ago when I attended Baylor Law school. The town is still very much the same – some rundown buildings, the trailer park where I lived and some even more run down trailers. Out by the interstate are some new businesses – some fast food restaurants, gas stations and even a beer and wine store. After I toured the little town of Italy, I had hoped to stop in to the Uptown Cafe for a piece of pie and to visit old friends who used to run the place. Unfortunately, it was closed which is just as well because I don’t really need the pie.



I did however stop in to the Texas Best Smokehouse where there is a Sonic to get my signature glass of iced tea. Surprisingly, I ran into an old classmate from Baylor Law School – who was returning to Dallas from Waco where he had helped his daughter move into her new apartment. As I continue on this journey called life, my trip down memory lane has brought back so many fond memories. I can’t wait to see what the future has in store for me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!