Thursday, June 28, 2012

Lillies

I am just not a great gardener.  I can whip up a meal in no time flat.  I can set a beautiful table.  I can speak to a group of a thousand with little or no preparation.  But growing things from the ground-not so much.  


I was delighted this year when my lilies that I planted last year sprouted up again this year.  They are slow growing and I was not really even sure if it was a flower or just a weed in that sprang up.  I trusted my gut and didn't' pull it.  Boy, was I ever glad that I did not do that.  


I began to see little buds forming at the top.  I knew my gut was right and that it was not a weed.  As the weeks went by, I realized that my beautiful plant was a lily.  Last week, I am pleased to report that they bloomed to their fullest in the most brilliant hue of fushia.  My Mother was in town and was able to enjoy them as well.  


I may make a gardener yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!