Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Last Year

One year ago Monday I lost my beloved Daddy. On that day on June 4, 2011, the phone rang. I missed the call as the phone was charging in the other room. My Daddy had been trying to call me. I tried to call him back several times but we were never able to connect. Unfortunately, at 9:40 that night, I received a call from my Mother telling me that Daddy had died walking through the gate at the farm from feeding the goats. She could not reach Carolyn or Jake but it was time to come home.



I always wondered what my Daddy and I would have said had we talked together those last few hours before he died. I often wondered if he knew that Saturday, June 4th would be the last day of his life. Today as I write this I am saddened that I shall never see him on this earth again. I’ve cried some over the week but more than anything I have reflected on the fact that I had an amazing childhood and a long adulthood where I developed a great friendship with my Daddy. I am blessed to still have my mother. So this past weekend, instead of mourning my Daddy, I celebrated that I still have one amazing parent left on this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!