Thursday, October 7, 2010

My Birthday

This photo was taken in 1983.  My Daddy looks so you.  It was only 17 years ago.  This past Saturday I turned 48.  I am fortunate that my Daddy was there to celebrate with me.  Many changes have taken place in my life over the last 17 years.  I've had different jobs and am now an owner in a statewide law practice.  I moved 200 miles from the only hometown I ever knew (and it was scary).  I divorced the father of my child, fell in love, had my heart broken, realized I could survive as a single mother and then wound up marrying my best friend and the greatest man on earth.  I have watched my son grow into an amazing young man whose talents never cease to amaze me.   I realized that God really is in control and i don't have to help HIM (although I struggle and still try usually on a daily basis).  Finally, I have learned that getting older means life just gets sweeter. 
I think birthdays are meant to be celebrated and done so with gusto.  Birthdays are a celebration of life - not a day that marks getting closer to the end of your time on earth.  This year I was so blessed to celebrate my birthday with family and friends in a beautiful country setting with great food and perfect weather.  As I reflect on the past birthdays I have celebrated - I am truly blessed each year and especially so on this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!