Monday, October 18, 2010

Dinner on Sunday

On the way home from New Orleans, our plane was delayed, there was traffic on the freeway and I was pretty tired.  It was so nice to be able to pull something from the freezer, heat it up and have a great home cooked meal.  I love to vacuum seal left overs.  If you use good seal bags, food tastes just like it is freshly prepared.  Two great tricks for recycling leftovers are great precut bags from the The Vak Shack and Pampered Chef stoneware.  You can take just about any kind of meat (roast, burgers, meatloaf, brisket, ribs, sausage) and after storing it in Vak Shack Bags put it in a Pampered Chef stoneware bowl and lid with about 1/2 inch of water in the base to reheat, and make it taste just like it was freshly prepared. 

As a busy working lawyer, I have found that when I cook, it is just as easy to cook a commercial can of beans, peas or whatever vegetable and freeze it in portions for two rather than just try to cook for two.  It makes for cooking during the week easier and beats going to a fast food joint when pressed for time.  Entertaining and managing a household is pretty easy when you have the right equipment.  A vacuum sealer and good bake ware are essentials in the equipment division.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!