Friday, October 22, 2010

Fireplace

Today was an exciting day for us.  We put in a wood burning stove in our den that has glass doors and can be opened for a mini fireplace.  Many people have said - wow, why not pellets or gas logs.  Why would you want a real wood burning stove? 

The answer is it makes for a cozy den with a warm and inviting atmostphere.  The winter months are dark and lonely.  They are cold and damp.  A warm cozy fire makes the room inviting.  It makes it feel like home.

I can hardly wait for a day where the temp never gets above sixty so I can build a tiny fire in my newly installed wood burning stove.  Ya'll come on over.  I'll have a hot toddy for you to sip while you watch the flames dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!