Friday, October 22, 2010

Great Recipe for Football

Saturday will be a great day.  I have scheduled my day around all the football games.  But you always need a great snack food for game day.  Here is a recipe I wanted to share.  It's easy and tastes great!  Enjoy while you cheer on your favorite college team!

Pecan Bacon Cheese Wafers


1 ½ c. of butter softened 1 lb bacon (cooked and crumbled

16 oz grated sharp cheddar cheese

1 c finely chopped tasted pecans ½ tsp ground red pepper

½ c finely chopped green onions 4 ½ c all purpose flour



In a large bowl, combine butter, cheese, bacon, pecans, green onions and red pepper. Beat with a mixer until combined . Gradually add flour, beating until just combined. Wrap dough in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 2 hours. Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place dough 3 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Lightly spray baking sheet with Pam and flour pan. Flatten each dough into ¼-inch thickness. Bake at 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on wire racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!