Thursday, October 8, 2009

Salmon

You know I think we forget from time to time how good fish can be for us.  Obviously it is best just cooked over an open fire on the grill or baked in the oven.  However, from time to time we love to add a great sauce to some fish to "dress it up."  This usually works well when you have company and you can show off your culinary skills.  Here is a great sauce for Salmon that I recently discovered.  I thought I would share it with you.

Sauce for Salmon


1 melted stick of butter
1/4 c  ketchup
2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
2 tbsp dry mustard
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp orange juice

Combine all ingredients and heat slowly for the sauce.  Drizzle over a grilled or baked salmon fillet.  If you really want to dress up the plate, put the sauce in a squeeze bottle and drizzle a pattern on the plate, place the fish on the pattern and then add the sauce to the top of the fish.  You can also add a touch of mint on the side for looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!