Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tea Snob

I have become somewhat of a tea "snob."  After my lap band procedure, I had to give up soda pop so my new drink of choice is tea.  Iced tea.  Straight up. No sweetener with a slice of lime or lemon.  Preferably over crushed ice.  In my favorite Tervis tumbler.  I am pretty southern - but not enough to drink SWEET tea.  I don't like sweet stuff (except Billy Fox's coconut pie, Janice Holliday's ice cream cake, Bryce's peach pie or Beverly Watson's rum cake - maybe I do like sweets). 

So I have been on a voyage to see what kind of tea tastes best.  I have discovered that Community Tea is probably the best brewed tea there ever was.  It is smooth with no bitter taste. If you are traveling and don't have access to heat, you can't beat the Lipton Cold Brew.  My friend, Tam, turned me on to that little jewel up in Alaska.  Now when I travel I always carry a quart container and a bag or two of Lipton Cold brew.  Great tea when I get to my hotel room anytime!

As for fast food, Chicken Express or Dairy Queen are tops in tea.  Sonic has pretty good tea but maybe it is is just their crushed ice.  McDonald's has the cheapest tea - $1 for a large - except in airports and in Europe.  Most restaurants where you dine will always fix you a glass to go after lunch so you can enjoy it on the way back to the office.

So my dear friends and bloggers..........what is your favorite kind of tea?

2 comments:

  1. I'm not much of an iced tea drinker...prefer water with a splash of lemon or lime...but when I do, I want Community....straight on the rocks with a dash of lemon....

    Now Hot Tea is a different story...I love a good cup of Earl Grey....Peppermint is great for a pick-me-up, and good old chamomile is just the thing before bedtime.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your choices... I also like Tetley tea bags and Lipton Pearl Tea Bags

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!