Friday, August 5, 2011

The Cell Phone

I have decided that the cell is the greatest and worst invention of all time.  We can't live without it.  We can communicate instantly with the world via facebook, twitter, texts, and blogs.  But there was a day when we did not have a cell phone as an appendage to our hand.  Those were the good old days.  The beauty of cell phones is that they have voicemail.  If it is really urgent you can get the message even if it is two hours later.  What is so urgent that it can't wait a couple of hours.


I don't think the majority of the world has good cell phone manners.  So here are times when you should leave your phone in your car, your purse or turned off.  You should not text, twitter, facebook or talk on your phone during these times - for any reason at all!!!


1.  When you are talking face to face with another individual.  If you must answer a call - ask to be excused and walk away.
2.  When you are at the table eating a meal.
3.  When you are in church.
4.  When you are in a meeting with a client.
5.  When you are swimming.  Cell phones do not work well in the water.
6.  When you attending a funeral.
7.  When you are in a movie, at a play or in the theatre.
8.  When you are in the bathroom.  The toilet and the shower should not be shared with the world.

I would love to hear of other times when you think the phone should be put away.  I promise if you will put it away your life will be enriched by pleasant conversation, your attention will be focused where it should be and you will enjoy the meal so much more!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!