Thursday, August 4, 2011

It's Hot

How do you stay cool in this dreadful heat?  When I was a child, I played in this heat all day long.  When I was a teenager in the band, I twirled and marched in this heat all day long.  When I was a young adult, I worked as a lifeguard and stayed outside on a chair all afternoon long.  Today as a middle-aged adult, I can hardly walk from the covered parking garage to the elevator of my office without sweltering.  I spend all my time indoors.  In the evening I gaze at my pool from the kitchen and refuse to get in the water because it is tepid. 

I have come to literally dread the Texas summer.  Each August I promise myself that NEXT summer, I plan to move to the mountains for a month and get out of the heat.  I really do plan to do that next summer.  Really!  I don't know how people who are required to work outside stand this miserable heat.

I have become a serious fall and winter fan.  September to March are my favorite months.  I love being able to build a fire, cook some soup and sit out on the patio and enjoy the breeze.  September is usually a bit warm for me but at least the evenings cool off enough that you can enjoy sitting outside.  Wishing your life away is never a good thing but come on September!

What are you doing to stay cool in this dreadful heat?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!