Tuesday, October 22, 2019

October 22


Last Thanksgiving I had an accident which resulted in two broken bones in my right arm, a fractured right pelvis and a big split on my right hip.  I was scared and in pain.   I did not know what I was going to do.  I realized pretty quickly that surgery was imminent and my normal activities were halted.  I was so very scared.  I did not know what to do  as I was not in any way in control of my life at all.  I was in a wheelchair and depended on some one to bathe and dress me.  The simplest of tasks such as responding to a text were huge.  I could not cut up my food.  I could not drive or get where I wanted to go without assistance.

I was so afraid.  I did not know how I was going to survive until the next day.  So I stopped, and I prayed a lot.  I  asked God to give me hope and peace.  I asked him to take away the spirit of fear that invaded my thoughts so very often. I asked him to get me through the next 24 hours without an anxiety attack. 

And guess what……..God provided.  He sent friends to feed and help Ray and I.  He gave my partner, Mike an extra dose of strength so he could take care of both of us for a while.  He gave Kim insight into how to deal with me every day so I would not panic and try to overdo it too soon.  He gave my Mother peace so she would not feel like she had rush to my side to take care of me. 

I have never been so dependent on people in my whole life.  Six weeks in a wheelchair and on a platform walker were pretty sobering.  I realized that I am not always in charge of my life and everyone else’s.  I learned even more that depending on God is necessary in the good and the bad times.  If I had not been so mindful of God’s ability to get me through this, I would have drowned in fear and anxiety.

In looking back, God provided everything we needed including a peace of mind.  I’ll close by saying this every time I end a post………….Let go, and Let God!  Don’t let fear in your life.  Use fear as a means to lean on God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!