Friday, April 1, 2011

Downsizing

Why do you think more and more about downsizing as you get older. I have been with friends who are retiring, my parents who are retired and folks who are always talking about retirement. Why do I need a big house, 100 + pairs of shoes and a closet for both winter and summer clothes? What I need to is not necessarily to downsize but to simplify!

How do you simplify your life of 48 years? What do you begin to let go of and realize you no longer need? Do you still need the drawings your son had in first grade? Do you still need the box of sorority stuff you had from college? Do you still need more than 75 tee shirts from all the places you have ever visited in your life? Do you really need six different sets of wine glasses? Do you really need eight bathing suits? How many pairs of jeans are too many when you really only wear them occasionally on weekends?
 
What do you really need? You need family. The love of good friends. Your bible. An internet connection. A few groceries. A really comfortable pair of pajamas. A debit card. And some really good night cream. From today forward I really want to start focusing in life on the things that are really important. Stuff is not important. Relationships are what is really important. Your relationship with God, family and friends. I think I’ll go home and hug my dog and drink a glass of wine with my feet propped up! Happy Weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!