Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Hospital

It has been a long 24 hours.  Meetings all day followed by a dinner at the club.  Then off to stay at the hospital with my sweet youngest step-daughter.  While I am there all night, I get the call that my Daddy is on the way to the hospital with yet another episode with his heart.  Finally, this morning I am notified that a dear family friend is about to succumb to cancer after many years battling the disease. 

Hospitals are interesting places.  They patch you up, fix things that are broken and provide a quiet place to leave this earth when your time with loved ones is no more.  You see all emotions in a hospital from happiness, relief, pain, sadness and despair.  In the last 12 hours I have experienced all three. 

My stepdaughter had a successful surgery, my father is patched up again and ready to head home, and our friend has been told that the end is near while he endures the pain of end stage cancer. My hope is that regardless of the emotion you experience today, that you treat the day as though it may be your last and live your life to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!