Friday, October 5, 2012

Turning 50

This week was the big one.  I turned 50 years old.  That's right - the half century mark.  It was a monumental occasion.  First, I never thought I would live to see 50.  Second, I always thought 36 was old.  Trust me -36 is nothing!  Turning 50 was a lot easier than I thought it would be.

I have celebrated in style all week.  I have several new thoughts as I enter the next half century of my life.  I plan to live to be 100.  I plan to celebrate each day as a gift from God.  I plan to be positive and uplifting to those in my life.  I plan to be best I can be.  I plan to stop and smell the roses.

I also have several things that I will no longer tolerate in my life.  I will no longer have any negativity in my life.  I am not going to be around depressed, sad, mean or negative people.  I am not going to entertain sad or depressing thoughts.  I am not going to live with negative forces in my circle.

I hope that you will adopt my motto no matter your age and live life to the fullest.  Don't wait until you are my age to make that decision.  Start today with all things positive!  Go for it-----and watch your face light up with a big fat grin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!