Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Kentucky Derby


Every year I look forward to the Kentucky Derby.  I am not really a horse racing fan but after having been to the Derby once time, I love the history and traditions of the race.  I love the hats, the singing of "My Old Kentucky Home" and of course, the mint juleps.



In 2008 we attended the Derby with two special couples, Doc and Patty & Hoyt and Bev.  It was a great trip.  We have so many wonderful memories from that trip.   I hope I can attend again just one more time in my life.  The following year, I hosted a Kentucky Derby Party.  The array of hats was just divine.  Janice won best hat.  I think it may be time next year to revisit Louisville during the race weekend.  Let me know if you plan to join us !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!