Monday, June 7, 2010

Eating Healthy

From time to time, I try to go through phases where I want to eat healthier.  So here is my newest attempt.  I am going to start stocking up on my new "Homemade Granola".  I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Here is the recipe.  Try it and tell me what you think!

Easy Granola

4 cups of old fashioned rolled oats – Not quick cooking
1 cup of sliced almonds
½ c shredded coconut (unsweetened)
1/3 c unsalted hulled sunflower or pumpkin seeds
½ c pure maple syrup
2 tbsp canola oil
½ tsp sea salt
1 c dried fruit


Heat oven to 350°. On a rimmed baking sheet all but fruit. Bake, tossing once until golden and crisp, for 25-30 min. Add the dried fruit. Let cool. Will store for up to 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!