Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Fae Perkins

Heaven gained an angel a couple of weeks ago.  Fae Perkins got her heavenly wings and was greeted by Jesus as she entered into heaven.  She made such an impact on so many lives during her tenure here on earth.  She was an avid church worker in so many areas. 

She touched my life when she was a GA leader so many years ago.  I will never forget the many lessons on missions she shared with so many young women through the Girls in Action program.

The other great skill that was often shared was the preparation of meals at the church for a family having a funeral.  During my time as a stay at home Mom, I was blessed to be placed on a “cooking" committee with Miss Fae, Miss Evelyn, and Miss Margie.  I was taught the art of cooking not only for the masses but making sure food was delicious.  I give Miss Fae credit for teaching me to make the best green beans ever from a can.  She could take anything in the cabinet and make it “homemade”.  What a joy and delight to have spent time with these amazing Christian cooks in the church kitchen.

I learned a lot more than just cooking from those wonderful women.  I learned about a servant’s heart. Fae Perkins had a true servant’s heart.  She was always willing to give of herself, her time and her talents to show Christ’s love through her loving spirit.  In teaching me literally how to make green beans to feed 25 people, she also taught me to how important it is to be an example of compassion, kindness, and generosity. 


I will be forever grateful for the time I spent with Fae Perkins.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!