Saturday, November 17, 2012

Thinking of Daddy

Today I have been thinking about my Daddy.  It has been a little more than 18 months since he went home to be with Jesus.  Certainly not a day goes by that I do not miss him terribly, but I have seen God's hand in his death with the timing, the blessings, and faith that I have had to have to deal with this loss.

I drove by the farm not too long ago and looked to see if his pickup was there.  Of course it was not but I still looked out of habit.  I begin to think about that last time he drove out to the farm.  Did he realize when he left the house that he would never see my mother or any of us again?  Did he take in the sights on the drive out there? Did he realize as he pulled into the farm and unlocked the gate that he would never drive out?  Those thoughts made me realize that we don't know when we will draw our last breath.  

So after that day I decided to enjoy life a little more.  I decided to talk to Jesus a little more every day and thank him for all the blessings I have in my life.  I decided to use my crystal and my china because every day is special.  I decided to go ahead and order enough Christmas china so everyone can have a plate at Christmas.  These may seem like simple decisions but there were more.  My message is just to enjoy life for every day is a new day and a blessing. Because we don't know when it will be our last, enjoy your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!