Saturday, November 17, 2012

Friendship from Afar

I have many many friends from all walks of life and scattered the world over.  I am thankful for Facebook, email and other social media that allows me to keep in contact with them and keep up with the important things in their life.  I have friends that mean so much to me but because of the distances in our homes, obligations in our lives with family and demands in the work place that we rarely get to spend any quality time together.

Last night I got to spend some time with one of my dearest friends that I only get to see about once or twice a year.  I am so thankful for the time we had to catch up and share what is going on in our lives with our kids, spouses and families.  We think so much alike because we love deeply, appreciate our southern roots and traditions, and both have such positive attitudes.  We laughed and giggled, talked seriously and plotted and schemed.  

Friendship comes in many different sizes and shapes.  Don't let distance keep you from connecting. Money is necessary, stuff is great, and time is fleeting. Relationships are the true blessings in life.  Make each and everyone of them count.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!