Friday, April 27, 2012

Hydrangeas

My Grannie Lester was a delightful woman.  I spent many hours at her house sitting on her porch.  On the north side of the porch, Grannie had the most beautiful hydrangea bushes.  They were always plentiful with big bluish purple blooms.  The memories of these beautiful flowers will forever be embedded in my memory.

When we bought our house in Cleburne, I was so excited that I had this amazing hydrangea bush.  We have lived there for four years now and never had a bloom - until this year.  I actually have blooms on the plant this year.  I am hopeful that they will be big and purple but I'll take the pink ones too.  I am told it has to do with the acidity of the soil.  That may be a project for next year, but for this year, I am just so excited to have blooms on my hydrangea.

I'll post more pics as soon as it blooms.  Isn't it amazing  how the little things in life can make us so very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!