Thursday, March 25, 2010

Another Great Meal

I have been so impressed with Stouffer's new campaign that the family that eats together has less problems with their children.  I really do believe that is so true.  My family always ate together every night at 6:15 immediately following the weather.  As soon as Vern Sterman went off the air - it was time for dinner.  I guess that is why I never watch the sports on TV.  Back to my original train of thought - we need to eat together at the table as a family without the phone, TV, internet or headphones.  We need to get back to sitting down at the table and conversing again.  I think the family meal is a lost art. 

Here is a great and easy recipe that you can use as the main dish for the meal.  Add a garden salad, some ice cold tea and you are good to go! 

Prawns in Pasta


2 lbs medium prawns

½ stick butter

2 c. fresh sliced mushrooms

bunch of green onions

1 pint of heavy whipping cream

1 c shredded cheese.

Cooked angel hair pasta



Sauté prawns in butter or olive oil. Add mushrooms and green onions and sauté slightly. Add cream and cheese. Heat over low heat until cheese melts. Season with salt and pepper. Serve over cooked angel hair pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!