Monday, January 14, 2013

Guns and Girls

I was raised by a Daddy who had guns.  As such he taught me to shoot.  I learned to shoot pistols, deer rifles and shotguns.  Each had a specific purpose.  Shotguns were used to shoot birds.  Rifles killed deer and of course you carried a pistol to kill a snake or someone who was breaking into your home.  My husband was amazed when we were dating at my aim when we would go to the shooting range.
 
My Mother is a crackerjack shot, too.  So are all the other girls in my family.  I am always shocked at women who say they have never shot a gun, don't own a gun and are scared of guns.   With the recent uproar associated with gun control, I am worried.  I don't want to give up my arms.  In fact, I don't plan to do that at all. 
 
I carry a gun in my car.  I have one at my house.  You might even find one in my pocket.  I was once asked what I was so afraid of with all of these guns.  My response......."Not one thing!"  Arm yourself with knowledge about guns.  They are not just for the boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!