Thursday, January 27, 2011

Last Rites

Today is a very sad day for me.  My good friend is laying to rest her father who is in his 90's.  I really didn't know her father, but have enjoyed the many stories she has told of growing up amid privilege, traveling the world, and seeing the lasting impressions her father has made upon her.  He must have been a great man, because raised an amazing daughter.  My heart is heavy for her as we head out to the Party to Celebrate his LIFE! 

My own father is having surgery tomorrow.  It's a gentle reminder that life is short and there are no guarantees.  My Father has lived his life to the FULLEST.  I hope that when I die, I have enjoyed life as much as he has.  My father was not wealthy, nor extravagant, but he was larger than life.  He was an educator who impacted the life of so many people.

Today, as you wander through this Thursday, celebrate the life of someone you love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!