Friday, August 13, 2010

Salmon

Last week I was blessed to spend time with my son aboard the Tamarik in beautiful Sitka, Alaska where we circumnavigated Baranof Island.  We had exceptional weather and caught large king salmon, coho salmon, and halibut.  We brought back 600 pounds of fresh fish.  I decided to try my hand at making old fashioned salmon croquettes' this week.  They were delicious.  I really didn't have a recipe other than I flaked the baked salmon and added crackers, onions, bell pepper, eggs and some seasoning the mixture.  I coated it in seasoned bread crumbs and fried in a skillet with olive oil.  They were mighty delicious.  I think I will try that recipe again in the future!

1 comment:

  1. I would love to go fishing in Alaska, how neat! Did you use the vacuum sealer bags for the fish?! I have a few repeat customers in Alaska that swear by them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments.

About Me

My photo
Having been raised with manners and class by a real Southern Belle (which by the way has nothing to do with money), I spend my time trying to make my company always feel welcome and comfortable in my home and at social gatherings I often attend!!!!!!!!